Saturday 14 June 2014

Beauty - Mini Review: TRESemme Platinum Strength Shampoo and Condition

My blog is seriously in need of some TLC as I have been seriously neglecting it! To rectify this over the next week I am going to be doing some mini reviews on some of my favorite beauty products.
After years of coloring, straightening and dealing with pernicious anemia my hair has become damaged, thin, dry and brittle. 

For a long time I have been purchasing salon quality Shampoo and Conditioners. A month ago I decided that I wanted to try a "supermarket shampoo and conditioner".
While browsing my local supermarkets health and beauty isle I came across the TRESemme Platinum Strength Shampoo and Condition. 

I have now been using this Platinum Strength Shampoo and Conditioner for 3 weeks and so far I have been somewhat impressed.

Price:  $13.00 each (NZD)
Volume: 750mls 

Claim: TRESemme claim that there Platinum Strength Shampoo and Conditioner will Reverse the look of 2 years of damage (after 5 washes).
"The renewing complex reinforces hair's naturally protective layer, restoring your hair and protecting against future damage." - TRESemme

Verdict: I am not overly convinced that this shampoo will reverse 2 years of damage on my hair although it has slightly improved the condition of my hair. After the first wash my hair was left soft shiny, manageable and free of knots. After 3 weeks of using it  I have switch back to my De Lorenzo Shampoo and Conditioner as I felt like my hair was getting a build up of product.

Repurchase: While I have been impressed with this more affordable shampoo and conditioner duo I am not entirely convinced I will repurchase it, I feel like I get much better results from my De Lorenzo shampoo and conditioner. I do want to give this shampoo and condition another try so I will be using up the product left in the bottles over the next couple of weeks. 

What shampoo and conditioner do you use? Leave your answer in the comments along with your hair type.

No comments:

Post a Comment